Talking With God With Purpose
Trusting God for the Answer
Prayer is the most important weapon that we have against the enemy. You must know that if Jesus had to go to The Father in Prayer, than we must do the same thing. Because the disciples saw Jesus go away often to pray, they asked Him to teach them to pray. Jesus taught them that we must go to God in all faith and be precise, expecting to receive an answer.
This is the first prayer that all Christians learned. Do you really know what you are saying?
Our Father: You must know that you are really coming into the presence of The Most High God. The Creator of all things .Also know that if you have not accepted Jesus as your Savior and Lord you have no right to call Him Father.
Hallowed be Thy Name: Honored, Holy ,Wonderful-You must never attempt to enter His Presence without recognizing Who He is and acknowledging His attributes, His character.
Thy Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven: It is up to us to assure that God’s Kingdom will come on earth, by living according to His statues and precepts and commandments. He has done everything that He is going to do. Jesus gave us the authority to live the same life that He lived .We want God to fix everyone else, but we won’t allow Him to fix us. His Kingdom can only come in my little corner by living The Word daily, keeping His commandments, living Holy.
Give us this day our daily bread: Prayer is dangerous. You might get what you want. You might have to give up all that fried chicken, pork chops, pies and cakes that you are eating You don’t know what you are asking for. That is why it doesn’t appear that your prayers are not being answered. Your daily bread that God will give you will be something healthy. It is also eating The Word of God daily. God only does what is best for you.
Forgive us are sins as we forgive those that have sinned against us: Let it come to mind all those that you have not forgiven and those that need to forgive you. Ask God to give you a forgiving heart and make a choice to forgive today. Your prayers will never be answered until you do. And worst than that God will not forgive you.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
- Don’t put yourself in a situation to be tempted
- Wrong people
- Wrong place
- Partying, Clubbing
For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the Glory: Saying this makes God happy. For you really recognize Him for who He is and you really want to please Him.
- I cannot say “Our” if my religion has no room for others and their needs.
- I cannot say “Father” if I do not demonstrate this relationship in my daily life.
- I cannot say “Who Art In Heaven” if all my interests and pursuits are in earthly things.
- I cannot say “Hallowed Be Thy Name” if I who am called by His name am not holy.
- I cannot say “Thy Kingdom Come” if I am unwilling to give up my own sovereignty and accept the righteous reign of God.
- I cannot say “Thy Will Be Done” if I am unwilling or resentful of having it in my life.
- I cannot say “On Earth As It Is In Heaven” unless I am truly ready to give myself to His service here and now.
- I cannot say “Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread” without expending honest effort for it or by ignoring the genuine needs of my fellowmen.
- I cannot say “Forgive Us Our Trespasses As We Forgive Those Who Trespass Against Us” if I continue to harbor a grudge against anyone.
- I cannot say “Lead Us Not Into Temptation” if I deliberately choose to remain in a situation where I am likely to be tempted.
- I cannot say “Deliver Us From Evil” if I am not prepared to fight in the spiritual realm with the weapon of prayer.
- I cannot say “Thine Is The Kingdom” if I do not give the King the disciplined obedience of a loyal subject.
- I cannot say “Thine Is The Power” if I fear what my neighbors and friends may say or do.
- I cannot say “Thine Is The Glory” if I am seeking my own glory first.
- I cannot say “ Forever” if I am too anxious about each day’s affairs.
- I cannot say “Amen” unless I honestly say “cost what it may, this is my prayer.”
1. Why Pray?
God wants to hear from you. He wants fellowship with you because He loves you so much (Philippians 4:4-6)
Prayer is a responsibility as well as a privilege. (Matthew 6:5-13)
God always hears
Consistent Prayer requires commitment. ( Col. 4:2; 1Peter 4:7)
We need prayer so much more now.
2. What should we pray about?
Christians often say I don’t want to bother God with this little situation. You should tell God everything.
YOU TELL ME AND I can’t do a thing about it.
3. When should we pray? There is no special time when you should pray. You must remember that you have access to The Father in The Name of Jesus at all times.
When talking to God, you must have a purpose. You can’t be wishy washy you must be precise.
You must go to God in all humility with confidence, persistence and power. Always desire God’s will in the situation even though it may not line up with your desire. But you say, “That God will give me the desires of my heart”. Your desire must line up with God’s desire for you. Remember He is not going to give you anything that will draw you away from Him…
And you-Must repent -Turn away from sin – and forgive!!!
There is more than one kind of prayer!!!
May God continue to bless you,
Pastor Ann Scott