GOD’S MIRACLE CHURCH
1801 TACONY DRIVE
NORTH CHESTERFIELD, VA 23225
SENIOR PASTORS: Pastor Rick Martin, Pastor Linda Martin
Associate pastors: Pastor Tony Bassett, Pastor Mike Munford
I’m Good Enough For The Lord
I went to JB Watkin’s Elementary School when I was in the sixth grade.
I remember the school putting on a Talent Show. You know why I remember? I was in it. Four girls and I practiced our hearts out. Dancing and singing until we became one on that stage.
Can you imagine eleven- and twelve-year-old thinking they should be a part of Dianna Ross and the Supremes? (I’m old!) The evening of the Talent Show we laid it all out in our blue wrangler bell-bottom jeans and white shirts.
We didn’t win even though I thought we should have but I guess everyone who showed off their talent that evening thought the same thing. We were good though but “Not Good Enough”.
May I say “But God”.
Our Heavenly Father is not looking for the one who is Most Talented. He just wants a people with a willing heart to serve.
He is the One who has already equipped us with gifts and talents that is to be used for His Glory.
With God you will never have to go through rigorous auditions or have to listen to someone tell you, You’re not good enough.
All you have to do is say “Yes Lord” and watch Him use your gifts and talents to Spotlight His Glory.
I may not have been a part of the winning team for that Talent Show all those years ago but the best was yet to come.
I was Chosen by the One True Judge who said, “Because of My Son I can use you”.
Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, 21 equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
Nobody But Jesus!!! Submitted By Sheila Marsh
MEDICAL NOTES FROM NURSE SANDY
As we are in the winter months be aware it may disrupt your internal clock because of less sunlight which may lead to increased depression in some people. To avoid this, do whatever you can during the day to get sunlight, such as walking to the mailbox or taking a walk in the yard. If you are unable to do that, find a sunny window in your house and sit there. Basking in the sun will uplift your mood and is a source of Vitamin D. Do this 2-3 times a week and you will feel better. While you’re sitting and enjoying the sunlight have a little talk with Jesus. ????
- COME. Never miss church unless it is absolutely necessary. George Washington’s pastor said of him, “No company ever kept him from church.”
- COME EARLY. Rushing into the church at the last minute is not conducive to true worship.
- COME WITH YOUR WHOLE FAMILY. “The church service is not a convention that a family merely sends a delegate.”
- TAKE A PLACE TOWARD THE FRONT OF THE CHURCH. Leave the rear seats for those who may come late and for backsliders and mothers with children.
- BE DEVOUT. The church is not a theater or a place of amusement. You come to worship God not to whisper, lounge or sleep. God’s house deserves our utmost reverence.
- HELP STRANGERS TO FIND AND FOLLOW THE SERVICE. If they have no book, SHARE yours with them. Sing! Join in the worship! Don’t just sit!
- ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT STRANGERS ARE THE GUESTS OF CHURCH MEMBERS. Treat them with the same courtesy as you would if they should visit your home.
- GIVE A GOOD OFFERING TO GOD. God loveth a cheerful giver. Freely ye have received.
- NEVER RUSH FOR THE DOOR after benediction as though the church were on fire. Speak and be spoken to. Be congenial.
- NEVER STAY AWAY FROM CHURCH BECAUSE THE CHURCH IS NOT PERFECT. How lonesome you would feel in a perfect church.
DID YOU KNOW?
Estimates suggest that there is one vending machine for every 40 people in Japan. They serve everything from ice cream and noodles to disposable cameras.
We may never know how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. Various universities have studied the practice with both humans and machines and results range from 252 to 411.
Bees can sting other bees. They usually only do this when they feel threatened, or they are protecting their territory.
Our entire circulatory system(veins, arteries, and capillaries starts at around 60,000 miles as children and expands up to 100,000 miles by the time we are adults.
Submitted by Vanessa Eubanks