Build on a Firm Foundation
Matthew 8:18-When Jesus noticed how large the crowd was growing, He instructed His disciples to get ready to cross to the other side of the lake.
Matthew 7:21-Not all who talk like godly people are. They may refer to Me as Lord but still won’t get to heaven. For the decisive question is whether they obey My Father in heaven.
What is that Foundation?
Jesus taught it in the Sermon on the Mount.
Matthew 3:15- Jesus said, “We must fulfill all righteousness or we must do everything that is right”.
What is right? What is right is whatever God tells us to do.
Matthew 4:4 – We must feed on every Word that comes from God. Total obedience.
Matthew 4:7 – Do not tempt The Lord your God. Don’t test God by going against His will, His Word and standing before Him with crocodile tears.
Matthew 4:10 – Thou shall worship The Lord thy God and Him only shall thou serve.
Christians, we have set many other things up above God. Worship belongs to Him only. If you have anything that you love more than you love God The Father, you had better get rid of it or put it into its perspective place.
After His temptation Jesus began to teach the people. You are nothing until you have been tempted and pass the test. In Matthew 4:17 He said, “We must repent.”
In Matthew 19 He said, “In order to do anything we must follow Him.”
Sometimes we get out ahead of Jesus and His will for us. He said,” Follow Me.” That means you must keep your eyes on Jesus and not on the things of this world.
Matthew 5:1-12 Jesus says that we are blessed (fully satisfied) if we:
- Are poor in spirit – Realizing our need for Jesus
- We mourn – Are sorrowful for our sins.
- Are meek – Become angry at sin- After you become angry have a hunger for a new infilling of God’s Spirit.
- Hunger and thirst after righteousness.
- Are Merciful – Suffering with the sinner man. Having an outward show of Christianity. God shows Grace, we show mercy.
- Are pure in heart.-It is not achieved once and for all. It is a continual cleaning by auditing yourself and your behavior.
- Are a peacemaker – Bringing the Peace of God that we have experienced to fellow believers. Of course if you don’t have any peace then, you can’t bring peace to others. Check and see where you left Jesus, Who is your peace. No Jesus no peace. No peace, no Jesus.
- When you persecuted for righteousness sake -This will cause you to go higher in The Lord.
- People revile you and say all manner of evil against you falsely for my sake – Rejoice be exceedingly glad.
- Don’t hide your light
- He did not come to destroy the law but to fulfill it
- Whoever breaks one commandment shall be called last in Kingdom of Heaven.
- You must be righteous. Be in right standing. More righteous than the Sadducees and Pharisees who never changed their hearts.
- Do not kill – Do not kill with the tongue – Do not get angry with your brother or sister without a cause. This is dangerous.
- Don’t call your brother and sister a fool because you will be in danger of hell. Anger is only justified when God’s honor is at stake.
- You must not insult a brother or sister. Don’t bring your gift to the altar until you have made it right with your brother and sister.
- Agree with the adversary quickly. If you are wrong be quick to admit it. If you remain unrepentant your sins with catch up with you.
- Sin begins in the heart. Cast off that part of your life that causes you to sin.
- Ask God to search and show you your heart.
- God says “Be holy for He is Holy. Without holiness no man shall see the kingdom.
The Word of God says, “We must worship Him in spirit and in truth. To worship God means to be totally obedient to Him. Remember what Jesus said, “We must fulfill all righteousness or we must do all things right according to the Will of God. Only then will your foundation be firm.
God bless you,
Pastor E. Ann Scott